Start Date: 5/18/2023 8:30 AM PDT
End Date: 5/19/2023 5:30 PM PDT
Venue Name: IREM Chapter Office/CBA Location:
20700 44th Ave W., Suite 550
Lynnwood, WA United States 98036
IREM Chapter 27
MKL410 Marketing and Leasing Strategies for Investment Properties
With knowledge of the market and a compelling marketing and leasing plan, you’ll have what it takes to drive traffic to your property, retain residents and tenants, and meet owners’ goals. Get prepared for the property type you manage now and others you may manage throughout your career with a comprehensive overview of key marketing and leasing strategies for both residential and commercial properties.
Register today and start dominating the marketplace.
- The ins and outs of residential and commercial property. Understand the basic characteristics of multifamily communities, office buildings, retail properties, and more that drive marketing and leasing activities.
- See the big picture. Recognize how economic factors influence the supply and demand of investment real estate and how marketing and leasing activities impact property value.
- Know your market. Learn to conduct a regional, neighborhood, trade area, and property analysis so you can set appropriate rental rates and position your property effectively.
- Attract and retain. Determine appropriate marketing strategies and tactics including advertising, public relations, social media, analytics, and more, to hit your target audience and secure residents and tenants for the property.
- Make a plan. Establish a leasing plan that maximizes your residential on-site leasing team and engages the commercial broker community to negotiate deals, maximize space, and achieve an effective tenant mix.
What you need to bring or have ready
A standard calculator or smartphone calculator is recommended; Laptop optional.
Review the learning objectives of this course.
Supplement your knowledge
Principles of Real Estate Management, Seventeenth Edition
Practical Apartment, Seventh Edition
Managing and Leasing Commercial Properties, Second Edition
Shopping Center Management and Leasing, Second Edition
Marketing and Communications Forms and Checklists
Leasing Forms and Checklists
Classroom: The classroom course is 2 days, including lunch and breaks. Typical course timeframe is 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day. Select a specific offering of the course from the dropdown menu above for exact dates and times. The course exam is taken online; instructions to access the exam are provided during the course.